Thursday 17 April 2014

Along the Cooks River

Watercolour and charcoal
 I started the sketch above last weekend and got rained out twice.  I was so keen on working on it that I continued work in the rain, finally giving up and then returning when I thought the wet might hold off.  But, no, the rain came again so it got finished this morning.  The light was different today and tried to get it to today's conditions.  This scene is from along the river.  I was sitting on the park land between the houses and the water and the many people who walk, run and bike along the river track.  A number of people came across to see what I was doing which was kind of nice.
The second sketch is a closer up view of the tower.
The Cooks River is a wonderful asset to the life in Sydney's inner west.  Love it.  More sketches of this area to come.

Watercolour sketch

No comments:

Post a Comment