Wednesday 15 May 2013

Fan Palm


Fan Palm, pen and ink on "Metabolism of  Amino acids"  text


                                                                                  I have a small garden and when I looked at my slightly motley collection of plants I realize they all have interesting sculptural shapes.  I plan on doing some drawings of the plants and this is the first one, a Fan Palm.  I like the fronds which look like someone have given each one a trim, bluntly cut across the base.  I have drawn it on some sheets from a text book which was given to me for this purpose.  This one is about Metabolism of Amino acids which is the sort of stuff Claire and her boyfriend, Jesse, are studying at university.
                                                                                      


My backyard

No comments:

Post a Comment