Sydney Dental Hospital was built in 1940 for the dual purpose of providing modern dental treatment for the impoverished as well as providing a training ground for dental students. It is one of the best examples of the interwar functionalist style. The Dental hospital was designed by Stephenson, Meldrum and Turner in 1937.
This building is situated between Chalmers St. And Elizabeth St opposite the entrance to Central station.
The sketch below is further down the street looking at a railway bridge, Central station.