Wednesday 16 September 2015

Vintage Cars

  
      

Sketch club went to the Rock and Roll fair at Sydney University on Sunday.  I only got as far as the car park due to all the fantastic vintage vehicles there.
I'm planning on having a calendar printed of the old service stations and I thought the cars would be a great addition to it. I got a couple done before people approached, commissioning me to sketch their vehicles.
         

                       

         

This was a commission which I took on without realising how intricate these machines are.  

        
This was another commission.  The owner was pretty happy with his truck.  Where I'm from originally this is a very common mode of transport.

        

On the way home from Sydney University I stopped to capture this Spanish Mission style service station on King st in Newtown.  The truck wasn't there, I transplanted it from the fair.
I am getting excited about the calendar project!




No comments:

Post a Comment