Wednesday 25 February 2015

Coffee shop portraits

     
                                                                             

I did something I have never done before on Saturday.  I went to a local coffee shop by myself for the purpose of sketching others.  It was a cloudy morning and I sat outside under cover.  The guy above was an excellent model as sat reading the paper for quite some time.


The guys below and above shared the same table.

                        
                         




   This lady was sitting at the table next to me but was immersed in conversation with her friend and didn't notice me working away.  Her friend did notice though and wanted me to sketch her as well.


  So I did.  It started raining during this sketch and the ladies were getting wet.  They didn't move though.  I emailed these sketches to them.







2 comments: