Friday 28 November 2014

Mosman and Lucy Culliton

                                        


I went to  Mosman today to see Lucy Culliton's exhibition at Mosman Art Gallery.  I like Lucy's work very much,  particularly her portraits and landscapes.  See below for some of her work.
I took the ferry to Mosman which was a treat in itself.  What a beautiful harbour we have and the weather was perfect today.  After seeing the exhibition, having lunch and checking out the wonderful Mosman shops, I walked down Avenue Road to the foreshore where the ferry picks up.  That road was a beauty with a gorge on one side, which was natural forest, and cliff on the other.  The cliff side had lovely old homes and lots of palms, jacarandas and Australian natives.
Down at the end of Avenue Road was the water.  I would have liked to do a sketch which included the water but this view caught my eye and since I love palm trees, I had to record it.  The kookaburras were laughing and a few people stopped to talk so all in all, a nice time.


                    
           These paintings are by Lucy Culliton.  Have a look on the web for more of her work.  She is shown by Ray Hughes Gallery in Sydney.      

         This is Lucy and below is her art dealer, Ray Hughes.
                                      

No comments:

Post a Comment