Saturday 15 November 2014

Back to Art Gallery of NSW

                                                                                  
The Art Gallery of NSW has a Pop Art exhibition on right now and it is well worth seeing.  I particularly loved seeing some iconic work by David Hockney.  All the big name international artists from that era are there as well as Australians from the same time.
After seeing this show I spent some time sketching this scene which is the gallery entry way.  There is always a huge, beautiful vase of flowers there,  in the middle of a Victorian circular seat.
I sat in a quiet corner, working away until a security guard stopped to tell me I wasn't allowed to use water colour in the gallery.  He was very kind, after complimenting me on my work, said he would come back in a little while so I could finish it up.

No comments:

Post a Comment