Friday 21 March 2014

Cockatoo Island




Well, I have talked about Cockatoo Island before but I am back again this weekend for a workshop with Urban Sketchers. 
In the sketch above we drew what interested us most and then worked around that, making the centre of interest most detailed.  I started with the kettle shaped building and worked from there.
Making spatters is something I haven't done before and adds a bit of fun.
We are back to Cockatoo tomorrow and hopefully I will do something else to show you.
The Biennale is on right now and  Cockatoo Island is the site of fascinating art for the next few months.  If you can, please go, it is soooo good.

equipment at Cockatoo

1 comment:

  1. As a long-time spatterer, I'm really enjoying them! Looking forward to another trip to Cockatoo Island - love it - particularly when the Biennale is on!

    ReplyDelete