Saturday 12 October 2013

Sarah Young





I saw a book about this printmaker while in Melbourne last year and since then notice cards that illustrate her prints... they always attract me.  Sarah Young is a British printmaker and these are woodblock prints.  Her imagery is often from stories-whether dreams, myths or fairy tales.  I love her prints of gardens which may also contain a fox or other creature.  I also really like the movement in the imagery, she really captures that.
The colour in some of the prints is Chine colle' which is thin coloured paper which is pasted on to the main paper before printing.
These images are so charming.  Have a look on the net for more of her artwork.


 

1 comment:

  1. I really love these images by Sarah Young. Thanks for sharing them Nancy - wonderful!

    ReplyDelete