Friday 18 October 2013

Dancing

 
 
 


I love to dance and feel that it is something that should be done far more often.  There has been of a run on this theme lately in my life and I think I will do some more artwork about dancing.

A bit of a funny thing happened on the street last week.  I was walking home and was waiting for the light to change at a busy intersection.  Also waiting at the lights was a van full of guys, the music was blaring and the van was shaking as they were dancing in their seats.  They appeared to be daring me to dance too and not being one for disappointing a dance partner, I did a few seconds of hip, arm and leg movement.  A great deal of clapping and cheering came from the van and I chuckled all the way home.
A couple of Australian artists who have done  work about dancing are John Brack and Garry Shead. I think their work is terrific and I particularly enjoy these series.






John Brack
John Brack

John  Brack





Garry Shead
Garry Shead

1 comment:

  1. Nancy, I wish I saw you do a little boogie in front of the drivers! That made my day to read this! I can just imagine it! I'd join you if I were there too :-) Clare :-)

    ReplyDelete