Monday 17 October 2016

Art on the Walk

        

I was involved in an art competition last week at a plaza adjacent to Central Railway.  The plaza management invited people to create an artwork.  They provided the paper which was very large, 1.5 metres by 1.25 metres.  There weren't any restrictions on what you could create.  Part of the brief was we had to be present in the plaza for at least twenty hours that week. I had three days off work and the the days on site were quite long.
The inspiration for my work was the scene around us at the plaza.  I played with perspective and had a fish eye view.  The people were drawn from people actually there.  I also used collage of maps of the area and rail network
I was lucky enough to win the second prize and here I am with the judge, Suzanne Smith.  I am thrilled!
                              
This is day two of the project. Luckily the weather was pretty good.
It was a fun experience and to win second prize was the icing on the cake!

No comments:

Post a Comment