Wednesday 1 June 2016

Eames Dining Chairs

   
                              

I have been a big fan of Charles and Ray Eames and their stuff for a number of years now.  Seeing the Harry Siedler houses recently from the 1950's, which were filled with Eames furniture,  have propelled my  desire even further.  
                      

My dining room table and chairs were made by the Australian Parker company.  I love the table but wasn't totally sold on the chairs. Sooooo... When I had the opportunity to buy six real Eames dining chairs made by Herman Miller, I could not resist.
They are plywood, designed in 1946 and were manufactured originally and today by Herman Miller.

                         
There are two moulded pieces of plywood with sturdy frame and shock mounts which make it very comfortable.  The chairs are beautifully made and wonderful quality.  I think my need for Eames is now satisfied and I am happy indeed.

         


    

1 comment:

  1. Glad you love your Eames chairs Nancy. You certainly know what you want in the way of furniture. I'm sure they look wonderful.

    ReplyDelete