Saturday 11 October 2014

Sydney Central Station

Central Station Sydney
Central Station is the largest railway station in Australia and suburban and country trains both leave from here.It was built in 1906 after they decided that the main station at Redfern was not meeting rail needs.  Under the clock tower is the entrance to the area where the country trains leave.  Sometimes there is a steam train there for a special trip.  I have fond memories from a few years ago of arriving here on a rainy dark morning about 6 AM.  There was french music playing and the atmosphere was wonderful inside.  It also helped that a nice weekend away with a friend was in store.
I sketched this yesterday morning before meeting a friend for lunch.  I was amused when a 10 year old boy stopped to shake my hand and congratulate me on my work.  Very cute.

No comments:

Post a Comment