Wednesday 14 May 2014

Kosta Owl


I love this owl which my mother gave me for my birthday, which happened to be yesterday.  It was made by the Swedish glass company Kosta by the designer Victor Lindstrand.  You may know the glass company Kosta Boda but Kosta is actually an earlier form of the firm.  Kosta is  the oldest Swedish glass company, starting in 1742 but it became Kosta Boda in 1976 after a merger of Kosta, Boda and Afors.
This owl's designer Victor Lindstrand was known at Vicke and joined Kosta in 1950, working there until 1973.  He  not only was a glass designer but also a painter and a textile and ceramic designer.
This owl is 4 inches high and is a snowy owl and I think it was created in the 1950's.  There is a smaller owl too, a 3 inch model.
I am very pleased with my gift, thanks mom!



No comments:

Post a Comment