Friday 7 June 2013

Sokquon Tran

 
 
 
 
Sokquon Tran

Sokquon Tran is a Sydney artist who is showing at the Barry Stern Gallery in Paddington. I saw this exhibition through the week but you may have seen one of his works at the Art Gallery of NSW as he was a finalist in the Wynne Prize.  His works are mainly large in this exhibition although there are some small works on paper.  Monochromatic, these works are subtle yet grandiose.

Tran writes By interpreting the peaceful and spiritual elements of nature and introducing a sense of refuge into my paintings, I have created a sanctuary for the mind.

The exhibition runs from June 2 to 30.












 
 
 
 

2 comments:

  1. Magnificent work! Thanks Nancy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw his entry to the Wynn prize. A huge piece and painted with a palette knife!

    Awesome technique. I cant wait to see his drawings.

    ReplyDelete