Friday 21 November 2014

Martin Place Christmas

                                                                                

I visited Martin Place this morning to sketch the Xmas tree but it wasn't quite ready to be sketched, There was a big white fence and some cranes still around it.  I edited those out.  The big ribbon is electronic and flashes in different colours.
The General Post Office is to the left of the tree.  Whenever I see this beautiful building it reminds me of when I came to Sydney on a working holiday in the early 1980s.  On Christmas night I came here and booked an overseas call to Canada to wish my family a Merry Christmas.  You booked it and then sat in the waiting room till they called your name.  I think it was a dollar a minute.

1 comment:

  1. Just back from Noosaville - love your story about booking an overseas call to Canada at Christmas - how times have changed!

    ReplyDelete