Saturday 27 April 2013

Torte Aux Pommes





This is a dessert that is a favourite among my family and friends.  .  I thought it was a flop when I first made it, just seemed thin and  there didn’t seem to be much to it.  My sister was more positive and  when Pam is positive about something I am happy to give it a second chance.  I have been making it for years now and everyone enthuses.  This is the cake I make to celebrate my daughter’s birthday as is her request.

Torte Aux Pommes

Torte Aux Pommes

½ cup or 120 grams of butter

¼ tsp vanilla

1/3  c sugar

1 c plain flour

Cream  butter, sugar and vanilla.  Blend in flour.  Spread on bottom and partly up the sides of a 9 inch springform pan

1 pkg cream cheese

1 egg

¼ c sugar

½ tsp vanilla

Combine softened cream cheese, egg, vanilla and sugar.  Mix well.  Pour into pastry.

1/3 c sugar

½ tsp cinnamon

4 apples (I use Granny Smith), peeled and sliced

Toss apple in the sugar/cinnamon mix.  I arrange the apples on top by:  I first put a layer of the non round slices (bits) of apple.  Then I cover these with the large rounds of apple slices overlapping around the perimeter and the smaller rounds of apple towards the middle so it looks lovely.  You don’t have to do that but it does look great.

Bake at 450 degrees F or 200 or so C for half an hour.  I put some almond flakes on top before finishing so they are toasted.
 

Serve with whipped cream or ice cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment